The Last Frontier

The Last Frontier

Friday, October 30, 2009

Mwooo Ha Ha Ha Ha


Halloween up North, I can't wait...maybe. Halloween has never been one of my favorite holidays. I am not a big fan of scary movies, I don't like people sneaking up on me and I think that women in skanky nurse outfits are strange. I think that this year I shall go as a Zombie :)



It has gotten colder here but for the first time in a few years, there is no snow on the ground. The radio stations have announced that parents should leap for joy because they won't have to worry about the neighborhood traffic jams of parents driving their witches and warlocks around for candy.

That being said, the kids here are pretty geared up for the big day, and that is the one thing that I do enjoy. I LOVE seeing what all the little ones pick as costumes and I love that, for the most part, this is a family holiday.It is one of the times during the year that parents go out with their kids and act as protectors. There is an awesome family bonding that goes on during the night of spooks and jitters, and it makes me smile.

PICTURE:

A moose pauses while eating a leftover Halloween pumpkin sitting on a porch at an Anchorage, Alaska, home on Jan. 17, 2007. Heavy snowfall is driving moose to seek food in the city. (AP Photo/Al Grillo)

No comments:

Post a Comment