The Last Frontier

The Last Frontier

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Message from student

This is from a paper that I had turned in from a student. I have changed his name and not made corrections (except for those in which the meaning is altered):

My name is Jonah. My family calls me Jared but my friends call me J. I was born and raised in Hawaii, Honolulu. I lived in the ghetto my home town called K.P.T. Hawaii. [We] had a lot of Samoans, Hawaiians, Tongans, Figins, Tahiti, Aotenoes, Philopinoes, Chinese and Micronesian and chuckies. Every day was a new day. People gave thanks to God for a lot of things which is really good to do. Not all wa good in my whole family use to be in gangs like my brother, he's in a gang still yet. I still have a lot of cousins in gangs. My my brothers pastor Jerry used to be in a gang S.O.S , sons of somoa. We all had problems SOS was a little gang now it rew in Cali, Hawaii, Samoa, New York, all over the states. When I was in 4th grade that's when I joined the gang called y.s. young scrapers. Scrapers mean fighters. I been in a lot of gang fights breaking things. It was life to me. Every night I sneak out to meet up with the gang. It was only samoan's and Hawaiians and Micronesians in the gang. Then I moved to a different gang when I was in 6th grade. I was in the gang called P.Y.G, parcrype young ganstahs, all that was until I was in 7th grade. We stole a lot of things and fight a lot but right when I heard from my family I'm coming up to Alaska, then I was mad. i moved up here in Alaska and liked it. I changed my life up here. No more fights, I changed a lot and gave my life to God and doing good. That is my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment