The Last Frontier

The Last Frontier

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Churchy church church


Today I tried out what I think is my final church. After roaming the internet for a while, I found a website for Central Lutheran Church in downtown Anchorage. Someone had mentioned it a while back and I just ignored the nudges to go there, but God had other plans. After taking a further look on the web page last week, I noticed that the pastor is from St. Olaf, and it gets better... the associate pastor is from Wartburg (uggg, oh well... God forgives all sins :).

Central is by no means Hope, and it is really hard for me to accept that I can be happy outside of Hope's welcoming arms, but it is a nice church. According to the bulletin, last weeks attendance reached 98, although I think this week the made it well over 100 (including my school principal)! The sermon is very traditional even though they call it the contemporary service (out of 5 hymns, two were "contemporary"), but I felt at home. The environment was warm and welcoming, the people seem active in both their church and their community, and mostly I feel that it is where I am supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment