The Last Frontier

The Last Frontier

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Proud Big Sister

Tonight, for my birthday dinner, we all went downtown and ate at the Continental (if you have not been there, you must go... it is FANTASTIC). Afterwards, we decided to go down to 801 Grand and see where C.J. "works". The trip was well worth it, as I have never seen Des Moines for a height of anything more than the second story of South Woods.

It was so nice to see where Chris does his thing on a daily basis. I am so proud of him! The only downfall of the whole evening was the cranky security guard who informed us that picture taking is not allowed at the Principal Building (after we had already taken the majority of our pictures).


I am really glad that I got to see some more of Des Moines before I leave, and even more glad that I got to enjoy it with my family. These are the times that I take for granted and the ones that I am going to miss the most.




On the downside, I rearranged out trip last night and we will no longer be able to stop in Minneapolis :( Mom and I are both really bummed, but it would add a whole day on to the trip. Here is the revised itinerary.:

Night 1 (7/22): Fargo, ND
Night 2 (7/23): Yorkton, Saskatchewan
Night 3 (7/24): Edmonton, Alberta
Night 4 (7/25): Ft Nelson, British Columbia
Night 5 (7/26): Whitehorse, Yukon Territory
Night 6 (7/27): Tok, Ak

with an arrival on day 7 in Anchorage, AK. For those of you who want to contact us, we will have cell service in Canada but will only be able to check voicemail and make calls as we have to pay by the minute. We will be available again once we reach Alask on about the 6th day (July 26th).

1 comment: