The Last Frontier

The Last Frontier

Saturday, August 8, 2009

High School and Bison Burgers




Tonight for dinner I decided to make a bison burger salad, yes, you heard right, salad. I figure if you can make a taco salad, why not a cheeseburger salad? I cooked up some bison meat, put in on a bed of fresh Alaska Grown lettuce, added cheese, ketchup and mayonnaise, and then topped it off with some fresh slices of tomato. It was awesome!

Zoey and I were going to head down to Seward today, but according to the forecast...guess what... rain. It appears that whenever it is sunny in Anchorage, it rains in Seward (and vice-versa). I am going back to check out the church tomorrow and then go to their barbecue to meet the staff and ask some questions. I am excited to find out how action packed it is on a Sunday morning.

This past Friday I attended my first district special education meeting (I missed the one the day before as no one informed me that my district e-mail was up and running, or what the password was for that matter). It is interesting how they run the meetings here, they pay staff to come in before school starts so that they do not need to pay subs once school has begun. I have another meeting on Monday and a half day Wednesday before I officially start on Thursday.

I went to the high school I will be working for, it is HUGE, like mega large (mall size, they gave me a map so that I wouldn't get too lost). I share a classroom with another lady, whom I have yet to meet, which is thus far a bit bleak, I will need to put up my posters. Here is the website http://www.asdk12.org/schooldetails.asp?ID=830 and my name is already on the list!

The weather here has been phenomenal these past two days, so here are a couple of pictures of the lake Zoey and I visited yesterday. We may go for a walk on the coastal trail again this evening.

Thanks to all of Mom's work ladies (and men) who have been following the blog, I think you read it more than she does. Don't forget to check out Annie's fashion blog, there is a link on the side for you to click. Also, it would be extremely educational to look up my old roommate Lindsay's blog on being in Mumbai (Bombay) right now. She has quite insightful things to say about the city and country. I found it riveting.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you are having fun with Zoey. It looks like the school is huge. I hope you don't get lost at school on the first day. Thanks for telling people to look at my blog. You and Lindsay have the same format of blog.

    ReplyDelete