The Last Frontier

The Last Frontier

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Earthquake park round 2


God has blessed Zoey and I with another beautiful, sunny 65 degree day in Anchorage and what did we do, skipped church and headed out to the park for a hike. No worries though, I listened to Pastor Mike on my iPod during the hike. Great sermon, and great view all at once is a bit much to take in. It seems that every time I go out, even if it is to the same place, I see different things (or maybe the same things, just a different perspective).

As usual we say lots of people on bicycles (which here is a BIG deal). The bikers don't just go out in jogging shorts and t-shirts, they are all decked out in bike jerseys and spandex shorts. The bikers here are hard core. I am thankful that Zoey has finally decided to leave them alone and is much more interested in rolling around in moose poop (I think I liked the latter).

There are lots and lots of little trails that lead off of the paved path (most warning of a cliff drop off) and I learned today that several of them are not from people but from moose. This means that you have to be careful when taking the path less traveled as you may encounter more than you bargained for, the other signs warn "Don't mess with the moose". I really do need to look into what I am supposed to do when I come face to face with one, due to the fact that friends warn me it is not if it happens but when (same is true for bears when in the Kenai Peninsula). It would also be beneficial if Zoey wouldn't bark when we came near wildlife (I don't think that mamma moose enjoy little yippy animals barking at their calves).

No comments:

Post a Comment