The Last Frontier

The Last Frontier

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Mt. McKinley


Today was the most beautiful, clear, sunny day I have seen since I arrived. There was no smog, pollution, rain or clouds to obscure the view of the Chugach Range. Thanks to my friend Leslie, I was able to take in one of the most magnificent views I have ever seen. After a short drive to Earthquake park, I was able to see the stunning view of the city that I have frequently seen in photographs (and have at the top of this blog). Upon driving further, I came across a couple of moose calves and their mama blocking a truck in its parking space. All of this was followed by a spectacular view of Mt. McKinley (look in closely and you can see it in the background of the picture.

Zoey and I are going to head back out there tomorrow after school, if the weather is still nice, and walk along the 11 mile coastal trial with its view of the inlet and Turnaround Bay. It amazes me how many people are constantly out taking advantage of the trails and nature hikes. We must have seen 20 or so bikers, dozens of families with their children, and countless others out for an evening stroll. It is things like this that make me glad to live in this wonderful state.

1 comment:

  1. maggie
    I am so glad to hear that you are having a lot of fun with your new friends and Zoey Couture. If you keep the walking up I think you will loose a ton of weight. Keep it up sister. You are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete