The Last Frontier

The Last Frontier

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Can I get your license and registration please?


As of 4pm I am officially an Alaskan (well almost, technically I have to live her another year) with a real license plate and driver's license. Plates here are cheap, super dooper cheap, and they don't expire for two years. The woman that I met at the DMV has got to be one of the nicest government employees I have ever met. She was super patient with my inability to correctly fill out the forms and even let me know some good places to eat.

It is raining again, frown, and Zoey and I have been stuck in the apartment all afternoon, no walk...which stinks when you are used to getting out multiple times a day. I did get a call from one of the friends I met the other day, she was wondering if I was going to a staffing tomorrow and if so, could we go together because she didn't want to go alone (I think she is telepathic). Tomorrow night we are going to go out (with some other Anchorage newbies) for drinks and live music, I can't wait. Things are going well, keep in touch... I miss you all (at least those of you I have already met).

4 comments:

  1. have fun. I am so glad that you have met some friends. Have fun. Lovve you lots and ps write me letters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Maggie! I am glad to hear that things are going well in Alaska! Thanks so much for the postcard. I remember how beautiful Alaska was when we went there and hope you are having the same wonderful experience. Love you and miss you lots. Say hi to Zoey for mee!
    Love,
    Katie Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maggie. Its good to know that your doing well in Alaska. Thanks a lot for the postcard. I hope that you and Zoey are having a great time so far.
    -Daniel Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! I am glad that you got them. Are you excited for school to start up again? Zoey says hi. I will see you all over Christmas I am sure :)

    ReplyDelete