The Last Frontier

The Last Frontier

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Rain, Rain

Clouds and rain have been the background for Anchorage for almost a week now, but surprisingly, it does not take the wind out of my sails. Somehow, the beauty of the mountains has an uncanny ability outshine the dismal weather. Though the mountains are certainly beautiful on a sunny and cloudless day, there is an immense beauty to mountains highlighted and small beams of light poking out from the clouds. It is so easy to take the views for granted and to look past even the most simple of beauty, but when the clouds hang on to the middle of the mountains one can sense the magnificence of the one that has created it all.

I am not yet able to get a decent picture that is worthy of the stunning elegance, but will continue to try. Keep posted!

1 comment:

  1. Maggie, WOW, I am so pleased to hear that the past week has been going so well for you!!! That is awesome that you are meeting new people, that you like your new school and position, and that God is shining a little bright light in your direction right now. You deserve it! Know that you are still in my prayers and I love reading the updates - take care!!!
    Keri Cairney

    Oh yeah, Mark Brandt did the sermon this am, and you talking about the mountains reminded me of him talking about versus from the book of Psalms.."Oh Lord, Oh Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth, the heavens declare your greatness, the oceans cry out to you, the mountains they bow down before you.....so I join in and will give my praise to you!!!!" sorry if I missed some words, but hopefully you get the point. He is amazing & he loves you so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete